The following provides property owners and residents of the Borough of Shenandoah with some helpful information in meeting the requirements of the Borough Ordinances. While this list is not all inclusive, we encourage anyone to contact the Borough Hall for any information and/or questions.
ORDINANCE NO. 2011-4 – RENTAL REGISTRATION
- Requires each rental unit is registered with the Borough of Shenandoah and inspected for compliance.
CHAPTER 27 ZONING
- An Occupancy Permit must be secured prior to occupying any residence or property.
ORDINANCE NO. 2011-3 PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
- All exterior property and premises shall be maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary condition.
- Grass, weeds or plant growth shall not exceed six (6”) inches in height.
- All structures and exterior property shall be free of rodents and infestation.
- The exterior of a structure shall be maintained in good repair, structurally sound and sanitary.
- The interior of a structure shall be maintained in good repair, structurally sound and in a sanitary condition.
- All exterior property and premises shall be free from any accumulation of rubbish and garbage.
- All structures shall be kept free from insect infestation.
- All plumbing fixtures shall be properly connected to the public sewer system or an approved sewage disposal system.
ORDINANCE 2008-02 ANIMALS
- Domestic animals shall not be permitted to run at large.
- It is unlawful to keep more than three pets on any premises.
- Anyone owning a dog or domestic animal is prohibited from allowing said animal to defecate in any public place or on private property.
- All animal excrement on private property must be removed within twenty-four hours and properly disposed.
- Any person owning, keeping, feeding, harboring or having custody of a cat or allows a cat to reside or remain about their premises is considered a cat owner.
CHAPTER 27 GARBAGE AND RUBBISH COLLECTION
- All residential refuse/trash accumulated in the Borough shall be collected, conveyed and disposed of by the Borough.
- All garbage must be secured/kept in refuse receptacles prior to the day of collection.
- Trash cannot be placed out for collection more than 12 hours prior to collection.
- Building, Property Maintenance, Zoning and Dumpster Permits are required by the Borough of Shenandoah.
- Trash Receptacles cannot be stored on front porches or sidewalks prior to collection.
Failure to comply with any of the Borough of Shenandoah Code of Ordinances will result in maximum fines being assessed.